Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thing 16

Wiki's seem more like something we could use right away. The lesson plan site was pretty cool. We had talked last year about having a web based or server based site for teachers to post differentiated instruction lessons. That way everyone does not have to start from scratch. It might even encourage more teachers to take a risk and try something new when they know it has been used successfully. I also liked the book review site. That was more a personal preference as I scrolled to see what books might be interesting that I haven't read and what people were saying about books I had read. I must be behind in bestsellers because I didn't see too many books I had read.
We as a CO could use this as we work on a project. We would need a private site since anyone can change things. My sister is a librarian at a college and they are using it to plan for their state meeting. Might even be a use for us as departments, such as a wiki for me to use with the counselors. That needs more thought though.

No comments: